A Directory server is provides a way for clients to retreive a list of zones that are currently online and running. These servers provide information on any zones that have registered with the directory server. This information includes the name and description of the zone, the ip and port that should be used to connect to the zone, the server version, whether or not a billing server is connected to the zone, as well as the number of players in the zone.
Directory Server Software
A variety of directory server's are available for you to download.
- Public Directory Server software v0.3 (by PriitK)
- JEDirectoryServer (by Ben Diacuzn)
- SubSpace Directory Server 4 (by catid), ported to Linux by Doc Flabby.
- Central by Doc Flabby, written in C#.
- SkyDir by Doc Flabby, written in Python with SQLite.
Public Directory Servers
The current available and "reliable" public directory servers are: