From ASSS Wiki
Programs written by Smong
- DustEd - A basic map editor.
- confclean - A .conf file cleaner.
- ChatNet - A Java asss chat client.
- NAAP - Newbie ASSS Admin Program, a Java tool to setup asss on windows.
- Blender rotation script, for making 3D shipsets.
- FSM - Font Sheet Maker, can be used with SS/Cont and with map tilesets.
- Nebula - GUI directory client.
ASSS arenas by Smong
Zones (in chronological order):
- Battlezone (aka BZ)
- Parts of WZCTF bot cloned in modules
- Grand Theft Auto (aka GTA)
- Car jacking
- Unreal Tournament (aka UT)
- Weapon pickups
- Command and Conquer (aka CNC)
- Destructible sentry turrets
- Destructible base structures
Misc event modules (alphabetical):
Misc ASSS developer's 'you might want to know this'
- In the packet callbacks the buffer has been allocated plenty of space, so you can read past the indicated length safely.
- When using amalloc() it will set the memory to all 0's for you.
- When using per-arena/player data that is also all 0'd for you.
- adkey and pdkey are often used as the arena data and player data keys respectively
- Functions with names_like_this() are probably local (ASSS uses local inplace of the static keyword)
- Functions with NamesLikeThis() are probably from an interface
- All your base are belong to us
- The ShipChange callback is broken, despite several requests for grel to fix it
- game_timer/Misc:TimedGame is not fully supported yet (shh)
- The default modules.conf doesn't have scoring:points_periodic, objects or messages
- The default permissions don't have the ?owner command enabled
- *arena has been changed to ?a, *log to ?lastlog [<lines>] [<filter>] and esc+c with ?quickfix [<filter>]
- There is a glitch called lag coma where reliable packets get stuck (30+ players?)
- Supposedly fixed.
- Downloads do take longer than subgame (needs tweaking)
- Autowarp/moveto does screw up your aim
- ?help got hijacked and it's now used as online commands and settings help.
- There is a patch to make ?help like subgame, moving the command to ?man (short for manual).
- The stock objects doesn't support all targets correctly.
- MSN: mp564 at hotmail
- ICQ: 123727323
Some notes on the Soccer:CapturePoints setting
capturepoints: positive each goal starts with this many tokens scoring a goal takes a token from the enemy goal and puts it in your goal win by all enemies having 0 tokens enemy has no tokens left: <team goal!> 'Enemy goal had no points to give.' <arena ?score> capturepoints: negative when you have this many tokens you win (soccer game over) each goal starts with 0 tokens scoring a goal gives you (team/freq) 1 token capturepoints: non-zero all modes except mode0: output from ?score sent to whole arena on goal end of game message: (ding) 'Soccer game over.' capturepoints: zero just reward points given ?score does not work game never ends ?score: mode0, mode3, mode4, mode5, mode6 SCORE: Team0:%d Team1:%d Team2:%d Team3:%d SCORE: Warbirds:%d Javelins:%d Spiders:%d Leviathans:%d ?score: mode1, mode2 SCORE: Evens:%d Odds:%d SCORE: Warbirds:%d Javelins:%d special case: mode0 just reward points given no tokens lost or gained game never ends special case: mode1, mode2 freq's are odds/evens, so spider = warbird etc.